Help! I Seriously Cannot Stop Thinking About Maine - Pretend Vacation

Help! I Seriously Cannot Stop Thinking About Maine

I'm holding a hot potato and the potato's name is the State of Maine but I'm not tossing the hot potato to the next guy in the circle (is that how that game works?) because it's so hot that I physically can't let it go and also I think I'm in love?

Just to clarify, I've never been to Maine, but if this government-issued sign is any indication (which, as a sign, it really should be), it is a place that I need to go. The next time I go anywhere at all, it should be Maine. That's just the message I'm getting.

from Google Maps

Let's look at the facts: 

Bar Harbor

Arcadia National Forest

The island of Vinalhaven


Sea glass

Lobster rolls

No, but really- real lobster rolls. With fresh lobster.

Lighthouses (they're real!)

Forests

Lakes

Sailboats (quickly, someone cue When You Were Lonely by ABBA!)

I could go on, but honestly, I've already wiped myself out. Just think about it. Do some image searches. Better yet, zoom in on all the little islands and look at pictures of their sweet little beaches and the people in kayaks. I guarantee you will not regret it. However, I cannot guarantee that you won't want to immediately drop whatever you're doing and escape to Maine this instant. Proceed with caution.

- Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment