Decorating A House I Do Not Own: Volume II - Pretend Vacation

Decorating A House I Do Not Own: Volume II

 

Details: Paint Color is Gallery Green by Sherwin Williams, Chairs from Sascal Studio, Dining table from 1stDibs, Table Settings from Felt & Fat, Rug from ABC Carpet & Home,  Chandelier from Etsy, Planters from The Sill, Art by Camilla Perkins 


To reiterate Claire’s point- it’s summer, time to LEAN IN to planning fantasy dinner parties!!! Not that I don’t do that in every season, but something about the long temperate nights of summer makes me crave a perfect night of harmony where all my friends gather around the table and I want to feed them and I want to laugh with them and I want us to feel free in the presence of each other and in the beautiful and elusive knot of friendship that ties us all together. Is that too much to ask?


This volume of ‘Decorating a House I Do Not Own’ isn’t so much brought to you by an inspiring piece of real estate but rather, a chair. I saw this chair from Sascal Studio and I went ‘eeeeeee!!!!’ 


In other words, I think these chairs are really cute. I imagine them setting the scene for my fantasy dinner party in a calm green dining room with lots of plants and warm lighting that infuses just the right amount of cozy. Lots of art gives the room a slightly bohemian vibe that mimics the collection of dinner party goers- everything and everyone has fallen organically and eclectically into place. You don’t know everyone but you feel a welcoming warmth from all. Maybe there are big doors that open on to the back garden where fairy lights are hung and everyone is milling about. I’ve probably prepared a dessert with a lot of fresh fruit. The night extends through the late hours. All is right. 


P.s. I know I didn’t get into it but please note the vintage fruit chandelier....Yes. Let’s circle back around to that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment