Out Of Office Vol. XIII - Pretend Vacation

Out Of Office Vol. XIII

If you need us, we’ll be… 

HELEN: Summiting a beautiful peak on a hike somewhere in Greece. I’m halfway through, my legs are feeling the incline, and my water has stayed icy cold through the ascent. I pause to snack on apple rings then continue the trek. 

 KATE: Out for a night at the Opera around the turn of the century, I am a very fashionable young woman but have recently caused a bit of gossip for turning down one too many very suitable bachelors...in spite of the disapproving chatter I show up to the function wearing the newest designs fresh from Paris and spy on my frenemies with my opera glasses. 

 CLAIRE: Like Kate, I’m at the Opera, but I’m not in the audience of on the stage. I’m lurking deep below, planning my next crimes against humanity. The arias trickling down are but faint background music. I smell a little mildewy, but it’s only because I live in the sewer. I think I may be insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment