Dinner Party Fever Dream: Tablescape Edition - Pretend Vacation

Dinner Party Fever Dream: Tablescape Edition

Anyone who says they haven’t been fantasizing about elaborate dinner parties with all their closest friends is lying to you. I had to say it. It cannot just be me. Because my imaginary dinner party plans are too ornate to carry alone. I swear, once the pandemic has magically evaporated and I can invite people over again… it’s over for all y’all. 

The most recent detail of my dinner party fever dream that has captured my interest (and my browsing history) is the question of the tablescape. First of all, I’m shocked that no one has explained tablescapes to me before. Here I was, feeling confident that I can set a table, until this image had to make me go and question everything I know:

 

So here I am, without a dinner party to host, yet determined to learn everything I can about these "tablescape" things and subsequently curate the perfect spread. While I compile a comprehensive product list, here are a few other table settings that have been delighting me- 




 


Funky Table

If this glimpse tells me anything, it's that I may be finally learning to appreciate patterns. Not only patterns, but layering patterns. After moving around a lot and thus avoiding any unnecessary baggage- at least, in the physical sense- I may have stifled my taste for the eclectic. But no longer, I say! Now, I'm diving headfirst into the absolutely bananas, colorful, fully festooned, and utterly homey world of the English country home. As always, more to come.


- Helen


No comments:

Post a Comment